So the internet is really really slow here, but the country itself is amazing. Scenic wise, it reminds me a lot of Quito, Ecuador. The water tastes awful, so hopefully my mom (or anyone else with a kind heart) will send me crystal light packets, or gatorade packets, or whatever kind of fruit flavored packages! Remember to send anything in padded envelopes! Hopefully I'll get it by the time I finish training in April! Wish I can upload pics, but it'll take forever! Anyhoo, I'm well and feeling good! People are great, food is great and my fellow Peace Corps trainees are cool and down to earth. I'm the only hispanic here and one host country national came up to me and asked if I was black or white....good thing I am here to show that other people exist in America! Anyhoo, time is up. Till next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hey! So good to hear from you!!! I'm glad you are well and good! You must upload pics even if it is just one :-). I'm happy to hear you like the food... too bad about the water. Guess we have to do something about that. Ok gonna stop now before my comment gets longer than your actual post. Miss You Kiddo!
~Marteenio
Rofl. Edison you'd better get used to comments like that. It's only the beginning.
Miss you loads and hope you found the link I sent you entertaining seeing how you're saying the net is slow you probably didn't get to play where's oprah?. The minute I leave work today i'm gonna send you some pkts. You know, make the water more palatable, and look into getting those water purifying tablets that Adrianne was so crazy about.
- Michelle
Okies. I sent it for you =) should take 5-10 business days they say. But you can't certify or insure things to Rwanda only register them to insure their delivery. SAdly..registration starts a $12 so its a little bit of a doozey. We'll wait and see if it get there. Hope you're having fun.
- Michelle
Mi corazon. Que gusto saber de ti, pero a la vez que pena por el agua.Un familiar de una companera de trabajo viene este mes de Africa,y va a estar aqui por dos semanas, manana me dice de donde viene asi que con el te mando un paquete.
We love you.
HOLA EDITO;
Como estas por esas leganas tierras,esperamos que te encuentres bien gozando de lo hermoso que es conocer algo distinto,te extranamos por favor cuidate te queremos mucho
HEEEY! I can't believe it took you almost a week to get on the internet damn it must be slow!....Miss you like crazy! LMAO about that black/white thing...you know how we do.....black folks PICK A TEAM! miss you be safe!
~Shani
HOLA MI NINO WE LOVE YOU
Hey eddie glad to hear everything is good and you arrived safe.Our thoughts and prayers are with you always Love Meagan,Zoraida,Henry and andrew.
YO YO YO, Eddie! Pizza? Pizza?
Hey they got pizza out there? What kinda toppings they have in Africa?
So it looks like u r doing well.
HD
Whats up Cuz!,
Glad to know things are going well. Hows your host family? I'd like to hear some ridiculous story or something exciting soon, so make sure to include something more detailed next time you blog. Weather is crazy here, I was wearing a t-shirt yesterday, and today I'm back to wearing a coat. USA beat Mexico yesterday 2-0 in soccer for a qualifying round to the World Cup, and besides that all else is well. Sofia, Victor, Luci, and Freddy have been wondering what you're up to and we are glad things are going well. Stay up and stay in touch.
ONE LOVE
Franklin
Hi Eddie,
I agree with Franklin, yesterday we were at 60 degrees and when I went out for lunch I did not want to go back to work... but then I remembered I left my train pass at the office... darn it!
LOL... anyway we miss you and want to hear more from you - so when u can keep us posted - Pete said to say hi and the girls too....
luv,
Moni
Post a Comment